Homestead Road: Underwriter – Minneapolis, MN
Who you’ll be working for:
Recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Privately Owned companies as well as the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s Fast 50 list, Homestead Road presents a great opportunity for career growth and advancement. As an Inc. 2020 Best Places to work, Homestead Road offers a values based, team oriented, customer focused culture where the focus on innovative ideas, creative thinking, constant and never ending improvement and disciplined execution make for a great place to utilize and challenge your unique talents and experience.
What is in it for you:
- You will work for one of the largest and fastest-growing multi-state real estate investors in the U.S.
- You will have opportunities to develop new skills and take on new responsibilities in the role that will grow as the company grows
- You will work in a fun, values-driven, performance-driven culture where we celebrate success as a team while and you will be appreciated for your individual contributions, unique skills and talents
What we need from you:
- Enthusiasm, positive energy, strong ability to collaborate, strong communication skills, flexibility
- A commitment to excellence in service, doing the right thing and being mission driven
- A constant, never ending commitment to improvement, being resourceful, being a champion to getting feedback and creating a positive mental attitude
- Willingness to take 100% responsibility and tell the truth faster along with celebrating wins with us
- Coachability and the willingness to learn and evolve
Are you a detail oriented professional with experience in real estate? Do you want to work for a successful company with amazing values and opportunities for growth? Our Underwriter position might be for you!
The Underwriter will be responsible for:
- Gathering facts and evaluating properties accurately for potential purchase.
- Screening and estimating the current condition of properties and assessing necessary repairs and improvements that affect and impact marketability.
- Estimating construction costs, using spreadsheets to track information, mitigating risks, and staying current with all standards, building codes, real estate market best practices, real estate law, and regulations.
Education, Qualifications and Experience desired:
- Real estate education and experience required and Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Appraisal and/or underwriting experience is preferred.
- Experience with home flipping businesses preferred.
- 5-7 years of professional experience in real estate, construction, or related field.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Superb attention to detail and excellent computer and spreadsheet skills are a must.
More about Homestead Road:
Experiencing exponential growth having recently opened offices in Milwaukee and Tampa, since 2007 Homestead Road has helped well over 1,000 customers move forward, faster by selling their homes “as is”, avoiding all the hassles and stress normally associated with selling a home using a traditional real estate agent. With a mission focused on providing every customer a “Feel the Joy” experience, the company has built a strong reputation for customer service that is reflected in near 5-star reviews on Google and BBB.org. The company is also a Better Business Bureau Accredited A+ Business and was named as a 2018 finalist for the BBB Torch Award for Ethics.